Making Modern Communication Standards Resilient for Critical and Sensitive Applications
Our IoTree-Module “Secure Connectivity” enables several IoT-Applications with highest security and suitable connectivity. Secure connectivity includes data security through mutual authentication and End-to-End encryption including key provisioning. Your IoT-Application and Use-Case determinates the optimal communication technology. Independently from your use case, the security challenges for IoT-Applications are similar:
- Key Provisioning of individual keys for every device
- Authentication of Device, User and Serviceplatform
- End-to-End encryption from your device to your serviceplatform
- Updates over the Air (OTA/FOTA) for longtime security
IoTree — Key Provisioning and Management
To guarantee a sustainable IoT-ecosystem, devices need to be equipped with device-specific keys or certificates. Such a trust anchor is fundamentally important to authenticate and protect their interfaces. Problem: Existing secure key management solutions are expensive, because they affect:
- Production: reduced flexibility due to investments in resilient key/certificate integration as well as in new trusted processes.
- Usability: complex provisioning processes are often not accepted by the end user.
Smart and Secure Key Management
PHYSEC provides secure key/certificate management, while decoupling the production line. Here only public key material is needed to be flashed on the device. The end user establishes the device-specific cryptographic security parameters during commissioning.
- CA, PKI, and Certificates conform to BSI (Security made in Germany)
- User-friendly App-Plugin for In-Field provisioning (only for mutual authentication; not necessarily trustworthy)
- Standard (e.g., NFC, BLE, WiFi) or proprietary commissioning interfaces (e.g., FSK-bridge for LoRaWAN devices)
PHYSEC GmbH stands for the most simple and secure digitization of products and services. With IoTree™, PHYSEC develops and distributes a key‑, certificate- and identity- management platform that allows device manufacturers to digitize any product in series. The special feature of IoTree™ is the production-independent integration of Security and Connectivity features into your product as well as the free choice (and possible change) of the cloud service platform.
We as PHYSEC answer your questions.
You can talk directly to our executives.
Dr. Christian Zenger, CEO
Dr. Heiko Koepke, CFO